Patrick Kelly, MD
Dr. Patrick Kelly, a board-certified surgeon at Sanford Health, is the innovator and founder of Sanford Vascular Innovations. After graduating with a civil engineering degree, he worked as a structural engineer before attending medical school at the University of South Dakota.
- Medical Director of the Sanford Advanced Aortic Program, Sanford Vascular Services and the Sanford Wound Clinic
- Pioneered several surgeries including the first complete endovascular aortic arch aneurysm repair in the world
- Medical device inventor with over 125 issued or pending patents
- Advises the FDA and the Society for Vascular Surgeons on clinical trials for complex aneurysm repair
- Published a template to guide vascular surgeons through the process of applying for and conducting physician-sponsored investigational device studies